Trip Description & Day-by-day Itinerary
Hoi An Cooking Tour is another one day tour we arrange in Hoi An for those who are interested in cooking Vietnamese food. The course, hosted at the Red Bridge Restaurant starts from 8.00 am until 15.00pm.
We start the day at 8am with a welcome drink at Hai Café at 98 Nguyen Thai Hoc Street, Hoi An Ancient Town – our meeting point.
Travel by minivan (10 mins) to Tra Que Organic Village, and walk through the market gardens where local farmers work their fields using the traditional methods of hundreds of years ago – no electrical machinery here. We pick fresh saw-tooth coriander and Vietnamese mint for our cooking lesson later, before trying a special herbal drink at a local home.
To the local village market and with shopping list in hand we purchase a range of local ingredients, including star anise, cardamom, sesame rice paper, water spinach and banana flower.
Arriving at Red Bridge Cooking School we have a chance to freshen up before beginning our class. Working together with our Red Bridge Chef we learn the traditional ways of preparing and cooking Vietnamese food from scratch. Using the freshest ingredients and traditional Vietnamese utensils (still in use today) we cook 4 famous dishes, including the national dish ‘Pho’.
After the class we sit down and a chance to savour the dishes we have prepared.
Leisurely cruise (25 minutes) along the Hoi An River back to central Hoi An. End.
- Beef Noodle Soup (Pho) – includes the making of fresh rice noodles
- Clay Pot Fish with Fresh Dill (Cha Ca)
- Lemongrass Shrimp grilled in Banana Leaves (Tom Nuong La Chuoi)
- Grilled Chicken and Banana Flower Salad (Goi Hoa Chuoi Ga Nuong)
- Vegetarians are provided with replacement ingredients.
- Bring your swimsuit and after the cooking tour has finished relax and enjoy free use of our 20 metre swimming pool.
- Cooking tour operates everyday of the year – except for the first 2 days of Tet (Vietnamese) New Year.
- Tour is conducted in English.