Hoi An Cooking Class is a half day tour we provide in partnership with the Red Bride Restaurant in Hoian ancient town. The cooking course offers you the chance to learn how to make some Vietnamese food, specialties including Spring Rolls, Pancakes, Salad…
We start the day (8.15am) with a welcome drink at Hai Café (98 Nguyen Thai Hoc Street, Hoi An Ancient Town, Tel: 3863210) – our meeting point.
Visit Hoi An’s colorful market, and experience the amazing sights, sounds and aromas of this busy market. We will have the opportunity to interact with the local sellers and learn about all the ingredients to be used in the cooking lesson later.
We board the Red Bridge boat for a leisurely cruise (25 minutes) along the Hoi An River to the Red Bridge Cooking School. This is a chance to view local river life, so make sure your camera is handy.
On arrival, we explore the cooking school’s herb garden, before learning about some of Hoi An’s and Vietnam’s well-known dishes. The cooking lesson runs for about 2 hours – the Red Bridge chefs first demonstrate each dish before we prepare the same dish ourselves. Included in the class is a brief introduction to Vietnamese food carving (plate decoration).
After the lesson, we sit down and eat what we have cooked.
The trip finishes at approximately 1pm – transfer back to central Hoi An. End.
- Rice paper (making)
- Fresh Rice Paper Rolls of Shrimp
- Crispy Hoi An Pancakes with Shrimp, Herbs, Bean Sprouts & a Peanut Sauce
- Seafood Salad with mixed Vietnamese Herbs served in Half a Pineapple
- Vietnamese Eggplant in Clay Pot
- Food Decoration – Pineapple Boat, 3 Coloured Flowers & Vietnamese Hand Fan
- Vegetarians are provided with replacement ingredients.
- Lunch includes the above meals as well as steamed Ocean Fish on a bed of Fresh Vegetables (not included in the demonstration).
- Bring your swimsuit and after the cooking tour has finished relax and enjoy free use of our 20 metre swimming pool – towels and showers provided.